[RC] horse property in Elfin Forest, millions for open space - Nancy Reed

Sad to report a horse property has gone into foreclosure on my street.  The owners are giving it back to the bank.  The house is BIG, well over 3,000 sq feet with a pool, spa and recent remodel with added bedrooms, garage, etc.  The house has some horse facilities, but nothing fancy.  It is on the trail system and in the Rancho Santa Fe School District.  I am sending this out as a prayer and in hopes an equestrian family will somehow take possession of the property.  Contact me off the list for more information.
On a higher note, well a really high note, six (6) million dollars has been earmarked for open space acquisition here in Elfin Forest.  This will be used to purchase undeveloped land to add to the over 2,000 ac of already protected land.  This will ensure the miles and miles of existing trails will be preserved forever!  Got to love the California Gnatcatcher, most hated foe of any developer in southern California as the minuscule song bird is a protected species.  And, of course, the Gnatcatcher loves Elfin Forest's sage covered hills which the fed and state biologists call Gnatcatcher central.  The strange colliding worlds of equestrians, environmentalists and developers never cease to amaze me!
Nancy Reed
Lazy J Ranch
Elfin Forest, CA