Re: [RC] low carb feed - Elizabeth Walker

Take a look at the Triple Crown website (www.triplecrownfeed.com/).  I switched to them recently, because they put a lot of information out on their site, including the NSC rating of their feeds, and sample diets to keep the NSC rating low for sensitive horses.   They have both grain-based and beet pulp-based feeds, as well as carb-restricted feeds.

They are also very, very helpful -- I sent an email to them, and the nice lady responded with a long email about how I could change my horses diet.  We went back and forth, and she gave me a lot of good advice and additional info on how to set up the simplest ration that got the job done, and how the various feeds were best used.  I was quite impressed - she was not the generic salesperson type that could only parrot what is on the feed bag.