[RC] Bluebonnet - Anna Wolfe

Hi Ridecampers!

Just wanted to let you all know that the Bluebonnet ride was wonderful – there were tons of riders in the 25 and the 50, but only about 13 or 14 of us in the 100.  It was hot, but there was a breeze and some overcast, and not horrible humidity, so it was tolerable.  Ride management was great, and the volunteers were fantastic – very professional and organized.  I really appreciate all the work everyone did to make this all possible.  The trail is well and permanently marked, and there were extra ribbons to help us out, and plenty of signs to keep us all straight.   We rode in the dark of the moon, and while it was well glow-sticked, there was many a moment when one simply had to trust one’s horse to find the trail in the woods – what a great feeling that is – Fanny never took a wrong step.  We did even better than in the early morning when the glow sticks ran out and we could see the trail, but not the markers.  Then we rode by committee, with everyone watching out for the orange trail.  Someone had a flashlight, and that helped.  We didn’t go too far off, just had to pay really close attention.  And we did manage to finish the 100 – I think only five of us did, so I am very grateful to my horse and to everyone who made it possible.  Thanks to Carla and her crew.

Anna Wolfe

Des Moines, NM