RE: [RC] not just mangers... - Terry Banister

Well, the Eqispirit and the Brenderups do have an outside means of dismantling the chest bar. Would never buy a trailer that didn't. I am not sure why anyone would continue to load a horse with its head under a chest bar? If the horse walked into the trailer with its head down, just back it out and either sweep the hay off the floor, or hold a carrot up above thr chest bar from outside the front door. I don't see why there would be any "worry" about horse putting head under chest bar. Just don't latch the butt bar unless horse is standing correctly. If the horse's head is tied while traveking, they cannot even get their head under chest bar.

Also, I totally agree there is no need to go inside trailer with horse. Horse should be "sent" in. Loading and unloading should be exactly as Kat described. This is how the Brenderup works. The other type of Walk-through straight-load trailers with chest bars give the option for the horse to "walk through", but I don't see why they would need to, nor do I see why the human would need to.

Give me a quiet trailer that allows horse to lower its head and clear its nasal passages and move its front feet for balance, that also has long, gradual ramp with non-slip surface and no wing-out upper doors, in which I canl haul any size horse, and I won't need two own two seperate trailers. And I have that.

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"