[RC] music while riding - Michelle Aquilino

I was at Foxcatcher, so a little behind, but wanted to interject my own thoughts =)? I LOVE listening to music, so have always been interested in incorporating that into riding, but I never have.? First of all, I definitely need to be able to hear what's going on, so that spooks don't spook ME quite so much, lol.? I talk to my horse a lot though, random comments, personifying her and guessing what she's thinking.? Sometimes when she's acting lazy, I'll even ask her if she's tired or lazy.? Sometimes that peps her up, like a kid telling their parents "I'm not tired!"? lol (I don't have a kid, but we all know what that means ;-).? I know my social anxiety doesn't apply in the saddle anymore when I'm having the same conversations with her when riding with others that I do when riding alone, ha ha (yep, I'm a weirdo who talks to horses ;-).

On the other hand, I have recently connected my riding horses to my desire to learn to da (as well as my horse's need for some good old-fashioned ring-work, lol).? Has anyone done any impromptu-type dancing with their horse?? I don't know how weird it sounds, but I was thinking about how it might be cool (us music/dancing loving folk) to play a song, and ride with the music.? Speed up as it does, try to move in beat with it, do circles when inspired, I don't know, just play around.

-Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"