[RC] re: backing out of trailer / pulling back - Michelle Aquilino

My horse is excellent at backing out of the trailer.? One day she wasn't backing out when I asked, and I was quite confused, until I realized I had forgotten to untie her.? I'm not sure if she would do the same when in the back stall, and being asked to back out, but still...? I love my horse ;-)?? -? I may try keeping her untied, and see how that goes, but slightly tentative.

I use the bungie ties with my horse, but that's because she pulls back because she thinks she can get free, not out of panic.? I was tentative at first (worried she'd just pull back, anchor, pull back, anchor, etc...), but the first (and only time so far) she pulled back at all on it, I remember her pulling back very calmly, feeling the bungie (thus, no end point), looking confused, and coming forward again.? It was funny the _expression_ on her face ;-)? -? I must provide the disclaimer though, that I have heard about these breaking once past a certain extent.? The advice I was given, was to stay away from the bungie if your horse is really freaking out, just in case it breaks.

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"