From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sherman
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:34 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] different trailer issue

I recently got a horse that had not been trailered until my friend picked him up for me. He got in fine for that ride and then when I took him home, but was allowed to turn around to get out. I decided to teach him using the method below and after our first 1/2 hour lesson, he was backing out fine. The problem came about a week later, he would no longer just walk into the trailer, started the stepping in and out routine! It took lots of of time and patience and he finally stepped all the way in. He does still back out nicely, but will probably need a few more stepping right in lessons. It's funny what these horses will learn accidently.

Kathy