[RC] Yet another saddle question - Coles

Hi all...  yet another question about saddles.

I have a "new to me" Arab mare that is 8 yrs old and was a bit underweight and had definite lack of muscle when I bought her 2 months ago.

She is the greyhound type, no belly, runs from armpit to udder(get the idea?).  Not much spring to her ribs, but does have a decent wither.  Is somewhat long backed.

So... I have a dressage saddle that is just not working.  She drops her back when I put it on after riding in it for a few times.  So I switch to my Wintec AP (which I hate because of the wide twist), and that bridging on her even though I have the wide gullet in.  She is also very sore in her back for several days after short rides of 11-15 miles!!!

So.... I have been emailing with Len Brown and have purchased a Corrector Pad, which has not arrived yet.  I looked at an OD dressage but Len says it will not work for my horse, but won't say why. Does anyone have any ideas/comments about that????  You can email me privately.

So, I am seriously looking at the Specialized saddle.  I am a heavy weight rider who had done dressage for years (competed to Preliminary eventing) and I like a narrow twist in my saddle.  The Endurolite and Trailmasters are built on a western tree.  Since I have never ridden western, how is this different from riding english???  I don't like riding on my seat pockets, but looking at the videos the company has, the riders are riding in a pretty good classical position....

HELP!!!!!  I am so confused as to what to do..........

DL

Jeff and Donna Lee Cole
Turning Point Stables
Browns Flat, NB