[RC] Experience with flexor tendon injury? - BobbyCalapooia

I'm wondering if any of you out there have had experience with a deep tissue flexor tendon injury? Specifically, I'm curious how well your horse did post-treatment, how much you are/were able to ride him/her post-injury, and what you've experienced re: long term prognosis?

My gelding was diagnosed almost two years ago. He's had excellent vet care, including my round-the-clock "nursing." After the OK from my vet, I carefully, slowly, started taking him out for short little rides about a year ago. He's done much better than my vet or I ever dreamed he would and he's so much happier getting out a little bit. I never dreamed I'd be able to ride him this much, however limited it is, so I'm thrilled. I use ice and/or Surpass when needed.

I know he's not going to be my endurance pony, just want to know what other folks' experiences have been with this type of injury.

Thanks for your thoughts.

New Deals on Dell Netbooks – Now starting at $299 (A HREF=""