Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] Travelling to Rides in Kentucky - Michelle Aquilino

so the states that require one (within the last 30 days, without the extension) are KY, FL, and GA so far?? AL too?? any other states?? Thanks everyone =)

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The certificate of veterinary inspection is more commonly known as a health certificate and it is just not KY. You will need that is less than 30 days old? to cross state lines with a horse.? I've been stopped on the highway in KY and Georgia for check of? my horse's health papers. If you travel into FL you will stop at the ag stations and if you don't they will run you down and stop you. All states maintain the right to stop you and check health papers.

The good news is in the SE US you can get an Equine Passport that extends your health certificate for 180 days for travel in most of the SE states.


Michelle Aquilino wrote:
What is a certificate of veterinary inspection, and what do you have to do to get one?? If it's too much of a pain, that would admittedly influence which rides I decide to do, which is kinda sad for people trying to put on rides in Kentucky, but I figured I'd ask to see exactly what this requirement is?? Thanks!? -Michelle

"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"


"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"

[RC] Travelling to Rides in Kentucky, Michelle Aquilino
Re: [RC] Travelling to Rides in Kentucky, Truman Prevatt