Re: [RC] Relative Newbie on LD and Endurance - Marirose Six

Very good observations, Carey. Some of my experience in starting a young mule with ld had a slightly different effect. She did a season + of ld then moved on to 50's. She too struggled with the longer distance. However, in her case it was because she thought she should've been done at 25. I persisted with her until she realized that each endurance ride could be endless. Lucky 6 Nellie has since completed 5 100's. LDs are wonder rides, don't get em wrong here. I just know that "I" for one misused them as a "training" tool. I now start mules in 50's. BUT, when someday the longer distances become too much for my mules or myself, I'll sure be glad to have the lds.

--
Marirose