[RC] Knee pain/ stirrups - Sheila_Larsen

Many years ago I thought I was going to have to give up endurance riding
too because of knee pain.  I changed stirrups to  a brand I don't know if
they are still available but they were a western style stirrup (but they
could be used on English leathers) and they had a rubber doughnut at the
top.  My knee pain went away using those stirrups.  I ended up selling them
though because my feet are small and they were tall so when I got tired
they would sometime rub my shin. I went back to the EZ ride stirrups and
haven't had problems since.  The other thing that I did was to learn to
relax my knees and let them turn out a bit.  With a woman's pelvis shape
riding with knees forward can be problematic over distances.  So for folks
with knee pain I would suggest looking at the type and style (and length)
of stirrup (there have been threads on that years ago).  Cycling  can be
good for knees too.

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it.”  Mark Twain

F'^qƬzqwnx׭i0ݺq޴ߢ*'>bs
Zgi0ݺq޷bun+R{.n+
0zwnzwyƦhڲbuuy&