[RC] HOTR- cancelled - Steph Teeter

It hurts me more than I can express to inform you all the I have had to cancel the ride. An irreconcilable difference with the rancher that owns the cattle that graze on the lands, part of which he owns, have led him to deny us access to much of the property that we ride across. I take the blame since I was unaware that he had so much sway in the area. I have had a good working relationship with the WDFW and that area was going smoothly. The rancher insists that riders with dogs loose were chasing his cattle last year and there is no way of convincing him that this could not be the case. It is very unfortunate that this has happened so late in the game, but better now that him citing everyone for tresspass the day of the ride.

I will refund all the entry fees and contact everyone personally by phone or email to make certain everyone is notified. If you have friends that are not on these lists, please contact them as soon as possible for me, as it will take me a day or to contact everyone.

If anyone would like to roll their entry over to the Milwaukee Road Rail Trail, let me know soon so I can make those arrangements.

Again I appologize for this mess--I feel I have let everyone down-- and everyone was so looking forward to the first ride of the year. There is nothing that can be done this year, believe me I have looked. I will need to find another ride site, and anyone with good suggestions, please email me with details.

Gail Williams
Home on the Range