[RC] Horse personalities - Sheila_Larsen

Mike I humbly disagree with your analysis of the book.  I don't think it
was superficial and simplistic and that she gave various examples of horses
within the different personality groups that were within a category but had
varying ranges of those traits.   I am far from a novice person/rider and
believe that this book can give one insights on choosing a horse  that
meshes more with ones personality.  With that said, I do agree that getting
horses outside of one's comfort zone forces one to grow.  But having a very
challenging horse to deal with I also know the value of having a horse that
is easier for me to work with and why I have not don't endurance rides (or
not many) since owning her.  Sometimes I would just like to go out on a
ride without such a challenging personality.     I do agree with you that
they are various, complex and subtlies within horses but I also think that
there are  categories of basic personalities.

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it.”  Mark Twain

F'^qƬzqwnx׭i0ݺq޴ߢ*'>bs
Zgi0ݺq޷bun+R{.n+
0zwnzwyƦhڲbuuy&