![]() |
[RC] vaccinations - I have a sensitive horse - Sheila_LarsenI have a mare that gets a very sore neck and can get depressed after vaccinations (probably because her neck is so stiff she can hardly move it for days- not kidding). So what I do is I break up the shots so she is not getting them all at once, I can haul to the vet so I am not paying multiple ranch calls so the cost isn't different. I do not give shots that are 4 in 1 or other multi-dosed shots. I also have nasal vaccinations if they are available. I don't give rabies yearly but more on every other year because I figure that the titer levels are probably high. I do get west nile. Depending on the situation I may or may no strangles, if it has been in the area I do it, but I think that is a nasal one. She does better on some brands than others because of the different carriers used. I also may not have it given in the neck but in the rump. I too just figure out what it is she really needs. “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” Mark Twain ‰לjjb±«®øœz‡ĝ۫jw5ëa¶Úÿ0zwn©Üzw"wè®fЉϢXœÈ8¬rV¢™êá¶Úÿ 0zwn©Üzwý�yƦ¥+›±ÊâmïԞ˛±Êâmèm¶ŸÿÃ�۫jw�ë®'^q©©þZ ¢v¬¥�xº'�©ÝF'^I§Þ
|