[RC] vaccinations - I have a sensitive horse - Sheila_Larsen

I have a mare that gets a very sore neck and can get depressed after
vaccinations (probably because her neck is so stiff she can hardly move it
for days- not kidding).  So what I do is I break up the shots so she is not
getting them all at once, I can haul to the vet so I am not paying multiple
ranch calls so the cost isn't different.   I do not give shots that are 4
in 1 or other multi-dosed shots.  I also have nasal vaccinations if they
are available.  I don't give rabies yearly but more on every other year
because I figure that the titer levels are probably high.  I do get west
nile.   Depending on the situation I may or may no strangles, if it has
been in the area I do it, but I think that is a nasal one.  She does better
on some brands than others because of the different carriers used.  I also
may not have it given in the neck but in the rump.  I too just figure out
what it is she really needs.

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it.”  Mark Twain

לjjbzĝ۫jw5a0zwnzw"wfϢX8rV
0zwnzwyƦ+mԞ˛mm۫jw'^qZ vx'F'^I