Re: [RC] Can of Worms - Barefoot Question - Sandy Adams

I sure don't understand the zealot fervor over this issue. We just do what is best for each horse, and it is usually not the same for each. One mare did 25 barefoot several times, because she las super flinty hard feet. She also hits like a ton of bricks. Two other mares have done a few desert rides barefoot because the rides lent themselves to going 25 miles in the sand. We have two other horses we wouldn't dream of riding barefoot over 25 or more miles. As much as I HATE padding - and generally do not choose to go to those rides - we have in the past done so. It's really not rocket science. Good farrier, stay on top of the horses condition, know something about their feet. Done!