[RC] shavings in trailer - sherman

Title: Message
I find it not quite so diffucult to remove the mats in my trailer if I use vice grips. I bought a set of 4 or 5 at K-Mart. It was one of my best purchases. I use two of them about 2' in from the sides of the mat and PULL. It's still not easy, but much more managable, even to drag the mats back in.

As far as the shavings...I only use a little pile where the manure drops. It does keep the trailer from getting stinky and I think it keeps the liquid from getting down under the mats. It's very rare that any of my horses pee in the trailer, I don't think I use enough shavings to encourage that.

Kathy

Fortunately, living in California it is a quite dry environment.? The only moisture present is that introduced by manure and pee....which is why I use shavings!? to try and mitigate this as much as possible.? That being said, I really wish I could get those mats out by myself, but it's just not going to happen (actually I can get them out - it's the putting them back in that's the problem!).? I do lift up the edges and check the boards underneath frequently.
?
Melinda