Re: [RC] Semi-QH bars-Arab tree - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

We had more trouble with the semi-QH bars endurance saddle being narrow in the
cantle area and sitting all your weight on the outside edges.

Angie McGhee
Click to shop and compare prices on discount shoes.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTKTkUSGsiz92KG8KsRiLIZ9o95WqyfWKzheyU6RgeideLhTsPFMJa/
--- Begin Message ---
Title: Message
Maybe that's what's written somewhere, but that's not what's practiced at the saddle making companies, at least in my experience. The Arab tree has an incredibly wide gullet, so that it fell down the sides of the wither, tilting the back of the saddle way up. The wide (full) QH tree (which I use on Sonny) has a wider gullet than the semi-quarter tree, and it sits correctly on his mutton withers. The semi-quarter tree with it's narrower gullet sits too high on his wither and although it looks like it sits level, it does leave pressure points on his withers. Never made him sore though. So the angle of the saddle is affected, but it's the width of the gullet and tree that change things.

Kathy

When I read up on saddles awhile back I thought I remembered reading that
the tree, arab, qh, semi qh, had to do with the angles of the saddle not the
gullet width.
Jess Raines

--- End Message ---