[RC] Mysterious swollen hock - Chrystal Woodhouse

My mare has a swollen hock not at the joint itself as just above it, in the little "pockets" , there is not heat no pain, she is sound even after a flexion test, over the last 10 days I have iced,buted, & sweated it with no change, I applied Epsom salts yesterday and that seems to have shrunk it somewhat, anyway......any ideas?? You can palpate it and she does not react, is running and bucking all over the field, I did not start her at FITS because of this and if I cannot get rid of the swelling in the next few days will cancel our April ride schedule. Have had a vet look at her, but no x rays. Her hock was xrayed last fall and my vet was impressed by how clean they were so not likely to be arthritis ( plus as I said she is in no apparent pain.)
SO................any thoughts/similar experiences?????

Thanks :-)
Chrystal