Re: [RC] What is a correction mouth piece? (was: trying to find a bit) - Elizabeth Walker

Any other details on this procedure, such as what the preliminary steps are?

Caisson knows shoulder-in, at least a little bit. I haven't worked him on it a lot, but I have worked him on bending to the inside and outside while on a circle, and getting him to travel with a lowered head and neck, rather than sucked back and using the underside of his neck. Any technique that helps with an extra-strong horse that doesn't require lots of bit, I would be happy to work on.

I'm also interested in any techniques that helps him wear out the back shoes first I'm in favor of. Right now, he wears all 4 about evenly (which is better than he was doing - he was wearing the fronts about twice as fast as the hind.