Re: [RC] What is a correction mouth piece? (was: trying to find a bit) - Chrystal Woodhouse

The best thing I ever did was switch to a Tom Thumb for the first 20  or 30 miles of a ride and for when I need my horse to be "perfect" on trail ( e.g taking kids out on a trail ride) although my dressage coach has helped me and my horse over the last 6 years ..... for years I put up with a snaffle and worked/worked/worked & although I realized that work  is invaluable I also realized that all horses are not made the same and neither are people and you know what??? If if works for you and your horse do it!!!!!!!! :-) ;-) I would not go near my Arab with the Tom Thumb but it really is perfect for my Morgan, I get to use the lightest of pressure rather than hauling on her with a snaffle. If the snaffle did everything people say it did there would only be 1 kind of bit!!!! :-) :-)

Chrystal