Re: [RC] pads for endurance with dressage saddles - Beth Walker

Another pad that works well is the Christ treeless saddle pad.  It is Merino sheepskin.  I get the warmblood size, so there is - like Sheila said - a tail at the back.  It is just the right size for the cantle pack to rest on.  It also has pockets for inserts.  I think the close contact Equpedic would work, but I haven't tried them yet, as the current saddle fit is good.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 14, 2009, at 3:56 PM, SHEILA A WALSH <tondi313@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Chrystal,

I ride in an ANKY dressage saddle and I use a cantle pack.  So, I buy the largest dressage pad, usually a woolback.  this will have a bit of a tail on it where my cantle pack can rest and not rub on my mare's back.

enjoy!
sheila

To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] pads for endurance with dressage saddles
From: Chrystal@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:51:41 -0400

O.k. just ordered a new dressage type saddle for my new horse as my other 4 saddles do not fit her ( I have been thinking of Angie's article on buying a horse to fit your existing saddle a lot lately!!!!!<g>)))
Anyway  I have been using treeless and a Tucker for years and am not sure what to do about a saddle pad for this saddle, can people get away with a think quilted pad under an english saddle on long rides?? My feeling is that even if the saddle fits perfectly some sort of wool pad is better as it helps with weight dissipation/shock absorption and wicking water away???
Any thoughts?????

Chrystal :-)

P.s Sold my one treeless on endurance net in 24 hours  what a great site .:-) And have ordered my new saddle from Charlottes Saddlery who have amazing prices on Collegiate saddles at least ( what I bought) and great service so far. I ordered it online and received a confirmation email from the owner who also said that he could get the saddle to me in the same time frame I had picked but for less $ and was crediting me the difference, I am impressed.:-) So check them out if you are looking for a saddle!