[RC] riding shoes for difficult feet! - Marlene Moss

Does anyone have recommendation for a riding shoe/boot that meets the following criteria?

1.     ?Wide

2.     High arch

3.     Lightweight

4.     Arch support

5.     Small heel

6.     Tough

7.     Either goes over the ankle or sits far enough below the ankle not to rub

I have never been able to use Ariats because there is not enough room for my arches.? I spend virtually all day on my feet during the summer either riding or working (we have a boarding facility so other than about 3 hours of work, I ride 3-6 horses a day).? I have found that without enough real room for my arches without any pressure on the top of my foot (my arches are somewhat high but not that high, just sensitive I guess) I end up with some kind of nerve damage that has actually numbed my big toes.? I do need arch support (but I can always buy those separately) since I’m on my feet so much.

I am comfortable riding in running shoes with a little heel, so I don’t absolutely require a boot, and since I ride in shorts a lot, a shoe is probably better anyhow.? My foot is somewhat small and a lot of shoes rub under my ankle bone.? I normally wear 6 ½ W, which is a little sloppy on me, but that’s how I’ve avoided the arch problems.

I don’t mind spending some money if they’ll really fit and last a while.? I have been going through the walmart cheapies every 4-6 months.? Oh, I also don’t like the open fabric on some shoes – it’s dusty here and my socks get gross if the dirt goes through the shoe!? I don’t want to switch back and forth between riding and non-riding shoes all day either, so I need to be able to ride and walk/work in them.

Any ideas????

Thanks!

Marlene

Marlene Moss