[RC] Why does the FEI have new qualification rules? - sherman

Title: Message
I've read that over vaccinating is not healthy. I can't remember the details, maybe it puts too much stress on the immune system. Not what I would want to do to my horse before stressful travel and competition. It does seem that some of their rules don't make sense in the AERC/FEI combo ride environment.

Kathy

Another example of this unnecessary red tape:  We could have brought
Josie's own horse to do the FEI 50 *if* we'd had records proving he had
been given 2 flu shots 3 weeks apart, within the last 6 months. *Have* to
be administered by a vet and the lot number and something or other else
noted in writing. Makes sense to avoid outbreaks...right? *Except* there
are plenty of non-FEI horses on the same grounds using the same water
with no proof of all that.  Cade had been given his flu shot within the
last 6 months. He did not need 2 since he'd been given the 2 shot series
several years ago...but that didn't fill the requirements.  Looks like
he'll be getting the series if she still wants to pursue the Young
Rider's ride. More unnecessary expense.

Angie