Re: [RC] Does pepper spray work? - Elizabeth Walker

Also, pepper spray comes in two forms:  stream and spray.  The stream version requires accuracy,  but is less likely to hit an unintended target (you, your horse, your dog).  The spray version requires less accuracy, but is more likely to be blown off-target by wind, and to hit an unintended target.  I also believe the stream version has a longer range.

A couple of other tips I have gotten:
- When you buy a new canister, take it somewhere safe and "prime" it by using it at least once.  If you buy the stream version, you might even buy two, and use one to practice with.  However, make sure you have primed the one you carry with you.

- Test it about once per month, and have a backup ready, since you only get so many sprays out of one.  Know about how many you have left (hence the "practice" one).  It doesn't do you any good to find out in the middle of an emergency that your canister has gone dry.