well, I will not reveal all our secrets actually :-)  You will have to buy my book:-)

Leonard, www.endurance-belgium.com

To get into chair seat
#1 Lengthen stirrups
#2 Lock knees into standing position (or close to)
#3 Attempt to absorb all motion of the horse through the spine (ouch!).  You
might even see the riders elbows flapping away from the torso like
wings...this is a desperate attempt to be a shock absorber because the
bigger joints are locked down and aren't working for them.  As the horse
canters, the rider will make a long sweep with their entire body over the
saddle.  Depending on the quality of the horse's natural canter, there will
probably be a disuniting on the vertical plane of the stride, as well.