[RC] Scottsdale Arabian Show - Rusty

My entire life with horses has been involved with endurance – I started riding because I wanted to ride endurance and fell in love with this amazing animal in the process. That being said the show world is very foreign to me and much of it I simply do not understand.  I see horses neck high head tuck under but not really collected prancing around in circles with long toes and high pads. I think my goodness how on earth do they keep them sound?

Today I watched the four and five year old Stallion and Mares in halter. I watched in shock as they shook plastic bags screaming at them as they entered the arena; they went in spirited for sure J The bleachers are full with people standing watching and hollering at their horse of choice. Standing next to me was the president of AHA, a local TV crew interviewing some other important person I have never heard of and all around lots of botox, silicon and plastic surgery for the eyes to view. After all this is Scottsdale, a very interesting crowd indeed.

After that went over to the Equidome and watched the Championship Amateur Owner to Ride over 40 in Hunt Seat and saw the first good idea! A poor horse lost a shoe and the entire class stopped. They called in a steward and farrier replaced the shoe and the class began again. Could you imagine if the endurance ride stopped when a horse lost a shoe and waited for a farrier, lolJ

The Scottsdale Mounted Police did a demonstration using there horses and if I could get my own horses half as trained and half as spook free I would be ecstatic! Truly amazing work they do with the horses, banging tires on them, rolling baby strollers under them with stiffed gorillas in the baby seat and blowing noise makers. This was really cool to watch.

There are indeed some stunning creatures at the show and it is an event worth seeing. There are more than 2500 horses at the event and over $1 million dollars in prizes. My favorite spectacle is tomorrow evening – At Liberty – rock music playing and Stallions running free to a roaring crowd. These horses do not look terrified but seem to enjoy the crowd and love showing off but who wouldn’t looking so divine!

Cheers,

Rusty

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.