[RC] Fundraiser for Judy Gerhard-OT Local Auburn Rider - Ranelle Rubin

Ridecampers,

Sorry to use this forum, but this lady is an icon in the Auburn,CA community and needs our help.

Subject: Fund raiser ride

Judy Gerhard has been involved with equestrian way of life in Placer
County for decades.  Judy is the originator of the Meadow Vista Trails
Association which came about because Judy recognized that development around
the area was going to eliminate rural riding trails if no one stood up and
fought for the right to keep them.  Judy stood up and the trails in and
around Meadow Vista, Applegate, Christian Valley and more are thriving.
Judy also directs Horses for Healing, a riding program for disabled
children, which operates at the Stagecoach Stables in Auburn.

Judy also provides private riding lessons to area children (and adults I
hear) and that is her only income.  Judy has recently been diagnosed with
ovarian cancer and is currently going through chemo therapy.  As you might
guess, she is not well enough to provide riding lessons during her chemo
therapy.

We are holding a fund raiser ride in Meadow Vista on Saturday, March
8th. The ride will be on the Sugar Pine Trail, trail head is on Placer Hills
Rd., right at the Winchester Community Entrance.  We are asking for either
riders to come with sponsorship (donations), or you can donate as little or
as much as you want at the trail head and go for a nice ride. Sugar Pine
trail is about a 6 mile loop that follows the border of the Winchester
Community.  It is a moderate trail, it is not all flat, there is some up
hill and down hill, but nothing very steep and there is some rocky places.
I manage well on this trail with my horses.  It is a pleasant ride.

We will be there to take donations from 8am - 9am.

From Colfax/Grass Valley - get to I-80 going West, take the Meadow
Vista/Placer Hills Rd Exit, go right onto Placer Hills Rd., which will begin
to climb slightly and curve.  When it begins the downhill, prepare to turn
Left at the bottom of the downhill.  That will be the Winchester Community
Entrance; trailhead parking will be to the immediate right of the entrance.

From Sacramento/Auburn - get to I-80 going East, take the Meadow
Vista/Placer Hills Rd. Exit, go left onto Placer Hills Rd., which will cross
over the freeway.  Placer Hills Rd., will begin to climb slightly and curve.
When it begins the downhill, prepare to turn Left at the bottom of the
downhill.  That will be the Winchester Community Entrance; trailhead parking
will be to the immediate right of the entrance.

If you have any questions, you can call me at
530-637-1682.

Thanks,
Claudia

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant