[RC] flax seed question/thyroid? - Kathie Ford

Hi all, I'm hoping Susan G. or Heidi or any other person that might have an answer to this question.

I used to think flax seed was good in most cases, but something I read this weeked disturbed me.

Had to do with the fact that flax had the potential of thyroid inhibition.

Is this possibly true?  For humans and or horses?

I'm holding off on flax until I'm satisfied it is still okay to give.   I would appreciate some reassurance as I know it is widely feed to horses as well as human.

Also, are there any suggestions to diet modification if any for a horse that may be "pre-cushings?"

thanks!

kathie