[RC] WEG 2010/ AERC / FEI - Richard Sacks

Gee it's funny that  many of you turn a blind eye to effect of a negative perception of endurance based USEF / FEI style endurance. Maybe you feel insulated. Don't be surprised to find that you are not. It doesn't matter what the organization is called. There are people who don't like what we do and they will do everything they can to stop us. I know Barbara, your family spent an awful lot of money to protect your way of life and your business. I was there and saw it happen. You can call what you do "ride a lot"  or forest management, in Barbara's case, but if an organized group decides they don't like it watch out. It didn't take a lot of people in Santa Cruz to affect Big Creek's logging business. Also, I'm sure everybody has seen a ride sabotaged. I just don't think turning a blind eye to what USEF / FEI does, when they call it endurance, is the smart thing to do if we want to protect what we do. If you have a better way to protect what we do then say so. Just don't say you don't want to support USEF / FEI. Tell me how you think you can protect AERC from negative perceptions of USEF / FEI style endurance. I think if we just say we are different we may be surprised to find that others don't think so. Come up with a better idea. Turning a blind eye won't fly. USEF / FEI is not going away.

Richard Sacks
rsacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.equipedic.com