[RC] Safety of ELECTRIC heaters - Mike Lewis

I will be "camping out" in my trailer this weekend, and do have the luxury of electricity.  Is anyone aware of any problems running electrical space heaters (ceramic and oil types) in enclosed spaces (aside from the obvious--allow 3' of space in front of/to the sides of the heater.)

I'm not aware of any carbon monoxide being emitted by heaters, but wonder about oxygen being consumed.  Since there's no combustion I assume oxygen consumption is not an issue, and I'm sure the trailer is probably leaky enough that there is fresh air coming in constantly.

Just want to avoid waking up cold and blue, if you know what I mean....  I think I'm plenty smart to take care of myself, but it never hurts to ask to be sure...

Mike