RE: [RC] Washing Sheepskin - Karen Standefer

Oxy Solution (by Simple Solutions) Pet Stain remover (you can get it at PetsMart or Petco) will get out even cat pee smells.  Active ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide.  Don’t know how your sheepskin COLOR will react, but it’ll take out the smell and I’ve used it on some really expensive upholstery fabric with great results (didn’t change the colors or fade anything).  Spray it on pretty heavy, let it soak in for a day or so and then wash it.  You might even add a couple cups of the stuff to your wash.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of melanie.o@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:24 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Washing Sheepskin

Okay, so it finally warmed up enough to get the horses out this past weekend and I discovered that some critters (I suspect mice) have been nesting in my sheepskin saddle cover.  It's not badly damaged, but man does it STINK!

Can someone please recommend the best way to wash this?  I've got woolite, but will it be enough to get that horrible smell out?

Thanks,

melanie

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.