Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] How to get the attention of the FEI

I definitely would encourage everyone to try this, however, I remain highly skeptical as to how effective this will be against the call of the wild Dirham or even better the unencumbered Euro. Having spoken on the telephone at length (like an hour long distance to Ireland on Michael Stone's dime), certainly long enough for all the people at the graduation luncheon I was attending at the time to wonder who was ticking me off  so much, only to get a supreme runaround on the phone, I bet it goes in one inbox and out the next.

I will even write to them in an effort to make a dent in this expensive armour of theirs. However, as long as the UAE is paying the FEI bills...which it is with loot to spare...you will have a "yes sir" mentality where the watchdog should be standing. The fact of  the matter is that the only man from whom you are completely free is the one from whom you need nothing...or you want nothing. Anyone who wants anything from the UAE, whether it is a paycheck, a trainer's fee, the chance to sell a horse, a saddle, or a tshirt, the chance for a grandstand win, or a sponsorship in a magazine or newspaper...any of those is in the position to have their wants or needs threatened and as such can be (and probably will be) coerced. The bigger the thing this person wants or needs or thinks they need or want...the more susceptible to coercion they are. I discovered this eight years ago when the FEI and the UAE tried everything that they could think of to make me stop talking about the rider with the spurs who could win an FEI ride despite a complaint from the ride manager to the chief steward.  I had calls from people here in Egypt who needed the federation or the Emirates for something and they were desperate to have me be quiet. There isn't a damn thing on this earth that the UAE/FEI has that I might want, which makes me one of the most annoying people on this planet in their book. Maybe if we all decided that the FEI/UAE had nothing that we need.......

Maryanne
inciting to riot