[RC] PETA & Decline to Participate - Don Huston

Okay....I have shown my ignorance here about this animal group and obviously stepped in a pile of PETA. I agree that an alliance with these idiots is not a good idea.
Kat wrote: "
One does not simply go along with things that one finds reprehensible because one figures that not playing isn't going to have any effect on the reprehensible behavior of the participants.  One refuses to participate in things that one finds reprehensible for the simple fact that one does not wish to be a part of it, no matter what other people are doing."
That states my sentiment quite well and I now refuse to participate in any AERC FEI dual sanctioned rides.
Also, I will make every extra effort to attend any AERC ride in my area that previously offered FEI and now stops offering it. >:-}

Don Huston
donhuston @ cox.net
SanDiego, Calif