Re: [RC] [RC] For what it is worth...yet to be seen - Truman Prevatt

Seems to me that we've had no impact whatsoever in fact it seems to be going the wrong direction. We can have an impact. The AERC can cut all ties with FEI starting by cutting all ties with USEF and disbanding AERC-I. Those that want to ride international need not worry, the USEF will pick up what is necessary. However, the AERC and hence every AERC member would not be part and parcel to the travesty that has become FEI.

Just remember that your organization (AERC) supports FEI. I think it's time the AERC take a stand for not only the welfare of the horses involved in the sport but also the safety of the participants - particularly the young minors that are being sucked into dangerous situations. We can't stop it but we can sure let our protest be known so we are not painted with the same brush.

Truman

JQ Baker wrote:
Wasn't it just a few years ago that it was argued in this forum the very presence of US endurance in the UAE would be a positive influence on the humane treatment of the horses? Steph, can you provide any insight or observations of positive changes in UAE endurance specifically as a result of American Endurance riders participation?
Jackie Baker