[RC] Renegade boot preliminary review - heidi larson

Ok, got two pair of these new boots for my boys during
winter/no shoes season, we have heavily gravelled roads to
train/ride on and I want to start the season with good
feet, not chewed up.  I'll start by saying both sets of
shoes were slightly too big, but they really do adjust
quite easily. Our first rides were Autumn's 21 year old
horse (he may be candidate for them all the time as he
could benefit from being shoeless)  and then took Ash out
for the exact same ride. 3 mile ride total, about 3/4 mile
on gravel the rest in snow, I pulled the Renegades (they
were only on the front) when we got into the deep snow.
They go on and off so EASY!!!  Two boots took less than a
minute to put on and just seconds to take off.  Both horses
moved out nice, we only walked as they were both barefoot
on the rears.  Ears were forward, Autumn's horse is an
honest horse and lets you know when something bugs him, he
never swished his tail or seemed mad at all over these
boots.  Going home we have to get off the gravel logging
roads and go 1/4 mile down muddy, mucky steep trail to get
home.  Both horses did fine, never lost a shoe.  Took off
and washed them.    Today I took Ash out for a 4+ mile
loop, almost all was in the boots, I put all four on him,
rode on pavement, gravel, mud, grass, dirt, hills, walked,
trotted and even cantered a bit, never lost a boot, none
swivelled or twisted, he moved out great, once again got
into some snow, so pulled them for 1/4 mile, then put them
back on, they are so EASY (did I mention that before?)
Didn't seem to slip anymore than any other boot or reg.
shoe.  Traction seemed good.  All in all, I give them an A!
I of course can't comment on wearability or how they are
in long distances.  We'll be trying Autumn's horse out with
them for his first ride of the season, (more than likely)
and will report back for that aspect. I was told by another
user, that hers last about 400 miles+/-.  (I would imagine
that depends on terrain and trail surfaces.)  I have the
name of a gal that is in SW Washington if anyone is
interested in her info. that I got the boots from.  She
came out and made sure I was getting the correct sizes.
They do seem to run a bit on the large size.

.      o o          o o
    o_ \ \____   o_ \_\
       (*)~(*)\_______/
       o  o    o-- /