[RC] Education - sherman

Good idea. When my horse was having repeated “slightly off” problems, and getting a bit stiff on 50s, both ride vets and my own vet kept telling me I needed to do more hill work to make him stronger. Well, I knew I was dong enough hill work, as that’s most of what we have here, so  eventually insisted on the selenium test, and sure enough, Storm was very low for an endurance horse. It probably wouldn’t have made a difference if he’d been an arena horse, or light trail riding. He’s never had a problem since I started supplementing selenium.

Kathy

Julie wrote:

Wow.  I am really enjoying the reading on this list lately!  I have learned more reading the discussion between our three resident vets than I have in a long time.  I’m going to have to kick my vet here, and convince her I really do want to test for selenium.  Last time I asked about it, I got told that I live in Florida, assume our horses don’t get it from our local hay, and supplement.  Don’t bother with testing.  So…I think I really do want to test the boys.