[RC] Longstreets Charge - ladurgin

  This is in my backyard, like 30 minutes!!!!!
 So I am getting Rascal out of mothballs ,start riding  in the arena to  do preflight checks-- then try and hit the trails with someone.  Joined a trail club last week (a few rides with  strange horses that walk and know the trails might help him over his giddiness when he rides with strange horses).Plus they have access to Berry College trails and Wildlife Management area, which is a safer area  to ride (just lots of bikes I hear).  And there are some endurance riders around--
"Got my new saddle after 9 months of demos. Almost over my two injuries to my shoulder, and 2 staph infections, the 2 kids weddings are  over.(the cabin isn't done yet for one set, so they live with us ;)  and I have  half a barn and  1/3 fenced and  clear, drain half dug drainage ditches,and more fencing... (quickly fencing off the trees I don't want the horses  to eat, bunch of beavers . After eating at the hayring, they go down to the open pasture and  have bark for dessert, oh, and now they are eating the  dead brush piles too--can't pass up those rotting logs and sticker bushes....
  The trail pictures  look like  stuff we used to ride, so that is good. I have those same rocks in my  pastures.. (one ridge over)..He had a base put on a couple years ago- --Started weight training (so I stop hurting  myself so much)  ("Strong Women Stay Young") and the treadmill, (when I am not out fencing or  walking  Home Depot and Walmart and Lowes all day).

    With the time allotted I guess I will go for the 25 and maybe volunteer again. I'll treat it as a training ride.
     Oh, and guess I better join GERA- have to dig up the address again.
     So I am getting to "start  to start over" FINALLY. Realised, it was never going to be the perfect time with all the  loose ends sewn up.
      I am going to have to figure out the best combination of boots as he is barefoot, we used to train with only front shoes on similiar terrain.I have  epics and bares so I just have to figure out how the  things work .....

   I have volunteered before-- and ridden a couple sample rides (15 mile clinics)--
   So do I read Angies book 'before" or "after "? :0)

    Oh, and how do you ask other endurance riders,(who may  be to far ahead of you in training, and /or don't want to be bothered with a newbie?) if they would ride some 10-15 mile training rides at your level? ---I know of 3 within riding distance---
     Like do you just say " Hi, I used to train alone alot -- but we have had a 4 year break and moved --and  my horse  likes other horses, but gets giddy around them  -- and we could use some experience riding with others. And it would be safer to ride with someone else, and btw, I am new around here and don't  know the trails other than seeing them on a map---Whadda ya think?

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging.?You IM, we give. Learn more.