RE: [RC] Fwd: [RC] Empower and XTN - Karen Standefer

I pay $22/bag of Empower.     It’s quite a bit higher in fat than regular rice bran.  In addition, it’s stabilized so I don’t have to worry about balancing out Calcium/Phosphorus.  My horses also eat it better than regular ricebran.

Rice Bran typical analysis:

Crude Protein

13.0 %

Fat

13.0 %

Crude fiber

13.0 %

Calcium

1.00 %

Phosphorus

1.54 %

Empower Analysis:

Crude Protein

12%

Crude Fat

22%

Crude Fiber

max. 6%

Calcium

min. 2.25%-max. 2.75%

Phosphorus

0.9%

Copper

15 ppm

Zinc

45 ppm

Vitamin E

500 IU/LB (1100 IU/KG

Another choice in adding fat is Cool Calories which is 99% fat so that you only need to feed a few ounces per day to get BIG increases in gat intake.