RE: [RC] [RC] Pounds of Hay - RHONDA LEVINSON

Can you guys give me a scientific cite -- something from a "learned treatise" preferrably, that gives this information.  I'm in the midst of trying to help get some horses out of a pretty horrible situation and the owner has the sheriff and the prosecutor convinced that feeding four horses a total of 15 tiny flakes of hay a day (for all of them together) is sufficient.  These horses have no shelter or blankets and we have had rain and snow and freezing temperatures for quite a while.  Two horses have already died, but the sheriff doesn't think that was significant because they were of a "weaker" breed (Thoroughbreds).

Rhonda