RE: [RC] Spot-on tick applications for endurance horses - Sarah Seashols

Thanks, Susan --

I thought that I remembered someone mentioning bad reactions to it – thanks for refreshing my memory.  On to other options… J

Sarah

From: Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM [mailto:suendavid@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:29 PM
To: 'Sarah Seashols'; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Spot-on tick applications for endurance horses

When I was doing equine practice full time, our practice treated a bunch of horses/ponies that had developed pretty severe inflammatory reactions to the spot-on product.  One little POA guy had a fever of 105, hives everywhere and darn near foundered.  A lot of them do well the first season it’s used, then develop reactions in subsequent years.  I’m sure plenty of animals do fine, but severe adverse reactions have happened in measurable numbers.

JME.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM