[RC] First Ride after knee replacement - Sandy Terp

I just got back from a two hour walk on one of my endurance ponies.  I had a complete knee replacement 6 weeks ago and the surgeon said no riding for 10 weeks but when I saw him yesterday he seemed a little surprised that I had not ridden yet.  My Physical Therapist had made a similar statement last week.  I have been doing well so I went for it.  It snowed like crazy and Mahgee really wanted to go much faster but it was great!   I even survived a couple of spooks when deer came out of the hedge rows.  So there is riding after joint replacements!  Thank you to everyone who encouraged and supported me to have the knee replaced.  Now I wonder if I can be ready for a sprint triathlon this summer?

Sandy Terp