Re: [RC] (was: More on colors) - Roxanne Ciccone

My bay, FM Spirit Wind, with the white star and 2 white socks one right front and one left hind has almost 5000 miles. He is the toughest horse I know. We were doing a 50 in High Springs a few weeks ago, we were in 3rd place and cantering fast through deep sand. Spirit hit the dirt head first and did a summersault and then flipped side to side. I did a head first summersault as well. He was stunned when he stood up and I walked him a bit and then rode him 2 more miles into camp. He was off a little on the front and had to come back for recheck. On recheck was better but not perfect, they let me go out with a warning to take it easy. I rode him at a working trot for 10 miles to completion in 9th place and he was completely sound. I call him my cement truck, he is one tough horse. Popped an abscess once and had never taken a lame step.
Roxanne

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, rides2far@xxxxxxxx <rides2far@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] (was: More on colors)
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 11:45 AM

 Jody

Yep, another 5000 mile gray that raced for a whole lot of them.

OK, now let's talk best rugged mtn. horses. The ones that come to mind for
me are General Jeb Stuart...tough, many OD and other tough 100's
completions, 4000 miles (or is it 5?) Bay

Jayel Super: 4 wins at OD and several at Biltmore. Likes the rugged ones.

Lawton Johnston did OD 10 times at least and he was on a bay every time I ever
saw him...

Is it a pattern or is it that we're wanting for there to be a pattern?
Maybe the kind of people who like those rides gravitate towards bays because
they do look tough?  :-)

P.S. Jody is the one who told me about this darned book, because she already
had it...she was just too lazy to type up the story for you guys when you were
hunting it. >g<

Angie