[RC] Fwd: city slickers cancellation note. - John Teeter

From: Turquoisehorses@xxxxxxx
Date: December 28, 2008 5:46:58 PM MST

The City Slickers Endurance Ride - March, 2009 is CANCELED
Please see the local announcement that was sent out Friday and Saturday to riders, I just did not get to RC before some discussions started on this ride. And yes, Truman along with several others did indeed a very large pink rabbit in the Park that year, as was Elvis seen on several occasions. TS

Local Announcement:

After much discussion on the status of the trails at Shelby Farms, a mutual decision has been made by the Shelby Farms Equestrian Alliance BOD (ride sponsor) and the new management team for Shelby Farms Park to cancel the 2009 City Slickers Endurance Ride. There are sections of the multi-use trails in the Park that cannot sustain or are not safe enough for multiple horse use at this time. The new Park management team does not feel that they can do re-routes, build some new bridges, low water crossings, etc., in the time needed for the ride to be held March 21, 2009.

The Park plan at this time is to bring in a "multi-use" trail designer to meet with all the user groups, and take this coming year to bring the multi-use trails in the Park to a sustainable level.

I urge all of you local riders to join the Park's trail crew in making a stronger horse presence in the Park. We are looking towards a 2 day ride in 2010 with new trails.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me, please tell anyone you think of,
I will put this information out on the various lists.

Thank you for your past participation, hope to see you in 2010.
Terry Silver
RM, City Slickers
Cell 901-268-1127