Re: [RC] Calcium:Phosphorus - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

I have not had any potassium problems at my present facility.  However, our water system uses potassium chloride in the brine tank.  Today, however, I went to the store to get the potassium chloride pellets.  Imagine my surprise the 40 pound bags have gone from $8.99 per bag (last month) to $23.99 per bag this month!  You read that right $23.99!!!!  Now the sodium chloride is $5.99.  Guess which one I had to get?  Okay, no, it wasn't a trick question.

My concern now - will this affect the potassium levels in the horses?  Back to drawing blood panels for UCD to evaluate I guess!

D'Arcy