[RC] re: carrie's comments to me - Cindy Collins

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much! Carrie, that was not a personal attack aimed solely at you, though apparently that's how you took it. However, I do know people who have trouble discussing the issue at all and some of them are on ridecamp and some are people I know in my real life. Those same people often allow animals to suffer for lengthy periods because they are way more into how "sensitive" they are... than about what's really loving and humane and responsible for the animal. I doubt seriously that there is a person on ridecamp that isn't very emotionally attached to their animals. There is a difference between using that emotional attachment as a crutch or waving it as a banner, and doing the hard things in life that come with the responsibility of owning an animal and putting what's best for their quality of life above your own interests. I am not saying YOU would do that, Carrie. But, I've seen it done and the ban on slaughter has only caused thousands more horses to suffer. It's OK to disagree with me, but don't doubt my love of my animals. You don't know me or them. Cindy

Cindy said: Personally, I think if you are too fragile to have a discussion about the death and disposal of your animals, then you have no business owning them.

Being a "softy" about animals is not being "fragile" in my opinion, it
is being compassionate. If a person doesn't have a certain compassion
for animals, THOSE are the ones that should not own them!