Subject: Re: [RC] Breeders VS Rescues
From: "Dyane Smith" <sunibey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, December 17, 2008 11:30 am
To: <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx>, "Dot Wiggins" <dotwgns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Jody Rogers-Buttram wrote:

Just to brag on my boy, but Cash Pony was a rescue, that was 3 years ago.  He did have papers and was on his way to the sale barn for the killer buyers.  Turns out that I knew the sire of him, and the sire was off the Lasma farm in AZ.  He is now a double National Junior 100 mile champion, AND this year, he is the AHA half arab National Champion 100 mile horse.

I rescued another horse a little over a year ago, no papers on him, but I did find out that he was from a breeding farm in TN, and one of their stallions.  He had been show in halter from the way he acted.  He knew the ropes, would trot out like a dream and then halt and hit that pose like a pro.  He demise was a divorce situation.  But he is put together very nice and going down the trail competing.  Hopefully he will do his first 100 this year.

Jody's email illustrates the other half of the equation.  A great rider can get more from any horse than an average rider can.  My horses would probably never have been champions.  I just don't have it in me.  But great horses come from all kinds of situations.  I think it's wrong to assume that all feedlot horses are culls who could never profit from a good home.

Dyane
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-