Re: Fw: [RC] Breeders VS Rescues - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Pedigrees are only important to know if there has been consistency throughout the bloodlines for conformation, temperment, and disposition.  There is nothing better than a visual inspection of a horse to ascertain the horse's mechanical abilities.   How many 'super hero' race horses have we witnessed only to see their get and grand get produce the same results.  Let alone even coming close to the 'heros' results.  Pedigree is not nor should it be a determining factor in selecting a horse to breed or buy!  Pedigree is only a marker and not a guarantee.

Dr. Byerly once said to me, "expect any foal to carry 10x's the good and bad genetics of the parents."  Whether is is scientifically correct or not.  I did heed that warning when approving mares to my stallion.  I also considered it when breeding my mares to a selective stallion.

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

"Go Ball State University Cardinals"