Re: [RC] Desperate Times for Horse Owners and for Horses - marybenstover

1-    If one has exhausted all options to continue the life of an unwanted animal of any kind, then have it put down.  The average cost for euthanasia and disposal, across America, is less than it costs to feed and provide care for a horse for a month- approximately $200 - 250.  This solution is not rocket science.

While I do realize that the economy is horrible, I have no sympathy with anyone who will not euthanize their horse because they don't have the $$$$.  I certainly don't have a lot of disposable income, especially since I am working part time now and making less than 1/2 of what I was making before, however, I have 5 horses that I own and am responsible for and I would find the money, if I had to put it on a credit card.  Three of my horses could be given away because they are good endurance horses but the other two are pretty useless and one of them is crippled with ringbone and arthritis............My horses and dogs and cats are dependent on me and it is my responsibility to take care of them.............mb