RE: [RC] The LD saga continues - Terry Banister

Well, "Endurance" is just a word! Since the 100-mile Tevis was the first "endurance" ride, maybe only 100's should be called "Endurance." The rest could be called "Distance Riding." Or maybe the word "Endurance" should be eliminated altogether, and all sanctioned rides, whatever the distance, could be called "Competative Distance Riding."

From: dmchapek@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] The LD saga continues
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:10:52 +0000

My take on this issue is that The American Endurance Ride Conference currently has two divisions, Endurance & LD.  Since so many LDers on this list are complaining about their lack of due respect & that they don't like not being called endurance riders, maybe we should label our divisions as Open Endurance (50+ miles), Novice Endurance (for those not wanting to ride Open), & Broken Oldies Endurance (for those of us too rickety and/or unable to ride Open).

Dianna

You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live

Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now.